Tuesday, April 6, 2010

90 Days of P90X

We have a treadmill. We have a weight bench/machine. We even have a punching bag. Not to mention miles and miles of trails all around our house. But, sadly, Michael and I are still chubby. It would help if we actually used any of the above things, but good intentions have to count for something, right? I was using the treadmill on a consistent basis until I got pneumonia. Then I was busy with work, then had to go to Seattle, you get the idea. Right before I left for Seattle we got P90X from Michaels sister. She bought it and then found out she was pregnant so she let us borrow it until the baby is born. We figured we'd try it and if we liked it then we would just buy it ourselves. I have done a couple of the workouts and they are pretty tough, lots and lots of reps using the same muscle group over and over again. Each day works a different part of the body. So, my plan is to do it every day for 90 days. 90 days is not that long and I need to get back into a routine, summer is just around the corner (I hope). I am going to try to get the workouts done in the mornings before work and since there isn't a lot of cardio involved I am going to try to do the treadmill for 20-30 minutes in the evenings. I have started eating better so now it's time to get my butt in gear. I will keep you updated, the first workout is tonight!

No comments: