Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Week One

Today is the end of week one on NutriSystem and so far so good. I was slightly skeptical at first because when the box arrived and I unpacked everything it seemed like the food portions were really small and I figured I would be starving a good part of the time. But, I'm not. The way the program works is you eat their food and add in certain extras, depending on the meal. Like for breakfast I eat one of the meals (scrambled eggs or the granola cereal are good!) and add in a dairy/protein serving and a fruit serving. It's five small meals spaced throughout the day, so I am never stuffed full but I am never really hungry, either. And I can drink all the diet soda and crystal light I want, so that is a plus. It is really fast and easy, most of the meals are ready in a couple of minutes, which is awesome. On NutriSystem online I can plug in everything I eat in a day and it will give me my calorie count, so over the past week I have been eating between 1,100 and 1,400 calories. So far I have lost almost 8 lbs. I know I won't lose that much every week (lame), but it's a good start and I'm happy so far. I have also been working out every day, I usually go in the evenings once it's cooled down a bit. I haven't felt the urge to go "off diet" yet, but it has only been a week. And since Michael has been in Portland all week we'll see what happens when he gets home. I plan on doing the program for at least three months and depending on the results I get, I may do it longer. I figure I've got about 70 lbs (62 now!) that I can lose.

No comments: