Friday, March 14, 2008

Old Lady Beat Down

Good news on the cereal front, Cheerios! Still not the best flavor but alot easier to eat than those cardboard squares I was choking down. The dog wouldn't even eat them. We also got some Grape Nuts Flakes cereal which isn't too bad, either.
So things are starting to turn around, I've gone to the gym two days in a row and am sort of (key words sort of) starting to feel better. And my calendar is so much better looking when I'm able to put my stickers on it! :) Then Michael sent me this e-mail on "how to eat more and still lose weight". I told him it's painfully obvious I already eat too much as it is so I will start by eating less and working out more and see how that goes first.
At the gym I always hated the person who just walked on the treadmill the whole time, they're taking up valuable treadmill space just to walk?! Well, I am now THAT person. And what's even worse, is the old lady on the treadmill next to me last night totally kicked my ass. She was all jogging along with her old lady shoes, and here I am, just walking along while I watch Reba on Lifetime (love that show!). And what's even worse is that my leg muscles are slightly sore just from two days of walking for an hour each day.
My next weigh in will be at the end of the month, so I have a little over two weeks before I can see what progress (if any) I have made.
I am also thinking about working out in the mornings. I have done it in the past and once I get into a habit of working out in the mornings, it makes the day better because I don't have a workout hanging over my head. I would like to run a couple mornings a week. It would be alot easier if it would quit snowing (it's March!).

No comments: